Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal for consumers
A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to his/her commercial nor to his/her independent professional activity.
Right of withdrawal
Consumers have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period is 14 days and begins on the day on which:
- The goods were taken possession of by the consumer or a third party named by him/her, excluding transport personnel, insofar as it is a question of a uniformly delivered order of goods.
- The last good that the consumer or a third party named by him/her, excluding transport personnel, took possession of, insofar as it is a single order for several goods that are delivered separately.
- The last part of a product was taken possession of by the consumer or a third party named by him/her, excluding transport personnel, insofar as it is a single order for a product that is delivered in several partial shipments or pieces.
In order to exercise the right of withdrawal, we (Taiga GmbH, Ritterstraße 12a, 10969 Berlin, e-mail address: email@example.com) must be informed of the withdrawal by means of a written statement. We have attached a sample withdrawal form at the bottom of this page, which you are welcome to use, but not required to.
In order to meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send the notification of exercising your right of cancellation before the 14-day period has expired.
Consequences of revocation
If you revoke this contract, we shall reimburse you for all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the most favorable standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and no later than 14 days from the day on which we received the notification of your revocation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment.
We may refuse to refund you for goods that can be sent by parcel post until we have received those goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned those goods, whichever comes first.
Goods that cannot be shipped by parcel will be picked up by arrangement.
You must return or hand over the goods that can be sent by parcel post to us without delay and in any case no later than 14 days from the day on which you notify us of the revocation of this contract. The deadline is met if you demonstrably send the goods that can be shipped by parcel before the expiry of the 14-day period.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning goods that can be sent by parcel post and the direct costs of returning goods that cannot be sent by parcel post.The cost of goods that cannot be sent by parcel post is estimated at around EUR 50.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Reasons for exclusion or expiration
The right of withdrawal does not apply to delivered goods,
- which are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer, such as B. in the case of prescription drugs that are produced individually for each patient; such as
- which can spoil quickly or whose use-by date is quickly exceeded.
- for the delivery of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed when the contract was concluded, but which can be delivered no earlier than 30 days after the conclusion of the contract and the current value of which depends on fluctuations on the market over which the entrepreneur has no influence
- for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely for contracts
- if the goods ordered are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene, if their seal was removed after delivery or damaged in any other way. In this case, an initially existing right of withdrawal expires both in the case of an (individual) purchase contract and in the case of a subscription contract as soon as the seal (of the first item) is removed or damaged in any other way. This can also include medicines, hygiene items, test strips or cosmetics, provided these goods are delivered with a seal and the seal is removed after delivery.
- if the goods were inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their nature;
- for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the seal has been broken after delivery.
Sample cancellation form
Knight Street 12a,
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/the provision of the following service
- (*)Ordered on (*)/ received on (*)
- Order number/Invoice number
- Name of consumer(s)
- Address of consumer(s)
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if notification is on paper)
- (*) Delete where not applicable
Taiga GmbH, Ritterstraße 12a, 10969 Berlin, Germany.
© Taiga GmbH 2023, All rights reserved